ThinkRF WSA5000 Technical OverviewDownload
ThinkRF RTSA v3 Technical OverviewDownload
PyRF Open Application Development Framework Product BriefDownload
WSA5000 Quickstart GuideDownload
RTSA Software User Guide v0-9Download
WSA5000 User Guide v3-9Download
WSA5000 Programmer’s Guide v3-6-2Download
Application Notes and Whitepapers
PyRF Open Application Development Framework with Source Code and ExamplesView
Using the WSA5000 with LabVIEWDownload
Using the WSA5000 with MATLABDownload
Using the WSA5000 with C++Download
Mounting the WSA5000 in a 19" RackDownload
Understanding and Calculating Probability of InterceptDownload
Gain/Attenuation Settings in WSA5000 408-P, 418 and 427Download
IEEE AUTOTESTCON paper "Versatile 20 GHz Wideband RF Digitizer for Test and Measurement"Download
ThinkRF RTSA v3 Introduction to the Real-Time Spectrum Analyzer application (5:30)Watch
ThinkRF RTSA v3 Amplitude, Bandwidth and Frequency (3:10)Watch
ThinkRF RTSA v3 Real Time Mode (3:10)Watch
ThinkRF RTSA V3 Markers (6:00)Watch
ThinkRF RTSA v3 Trace (1:50)Watch
ThinkRF RTSA v3 Channel Power (2:00)Watch
Each release package contains the RTSA Application, documentation, firmware and software APIs including a C-API, Labview API and MATLAB API. The ThinkRF WSA5000 is a network appliance and as such we provide support for interfacing to the WSA5000 via the standard SCPI and VITA VRT network protocols and as per the WSA5000 Programmer’s Guide. All of the provided applications, APIs and source code are provided “as is” and for example only.
Please note if your firmware version is different than that within the release bundle then a firmware update is required as per the Firmware Update Quick Notes.
Firmware Update Quick Notes
Refer to the ThinkRF WSA5000 User Guide’s Administration Console section for a comprehensive description on updating the WSA5000′s firmware.
1. Connect to the WSA5000′s administration console by entering the IP address of the WSA5000 into your web browser’s web address dialog. The “Status” web page should appear providing information on the WSA5000′s MAC address, hardware and firmware versions.
2. Click on the “Firmware Install” link in the left column. The “Firmware Install” web page should appear.
3. Enter or browse to the location of the “ThinkRF_WSA5000_firmware_v2-x-x.img” firmware image file and then click the “Install” button. The “Firmware Install” web page should appear which will step through the progression of the firmware being uploaded and installed.
4. Upon completion, a web dialog box should appear. Press the “OK” button to restart the WSA5000 or “Cancel” to defer restarting until a later time.
5. Upon restart the newly installed firmware will take effect.
Release Package 160805
NOTE: Meant for product version 2.0 and above. This firmware is incompatible with all product versions below 2.0
This release consists of the following main capabilities:
Referring to the label on the bottom of your WSA5000 signal analyzer device, if you have a WSA5000 V2 then the label will look like one of the following:
If you have a WSA5000 V1 then please contact email@example.com for the latest release package.